7310RE: [Myotubular_Myopathy] The Information Point: New Look Website

  • Darrin Vernier
    Apr 5, 2010
      Nice work.

      To: toni.abram1@...
      From: toni.abram1@...
      Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 14:17:58 +0000
      Subject: [Myotubular_Myopathy] The Information Point: New Look Website

      The Information Point for Centronuclear and Myotubular Myopathy has a fresh new look.

      Earlier this year, a decision was taken that the Information Point needed a new look in order to  show the way that centronuclear and myotubular myopathy affects not just  children but adults too.

      It was decided that the best way to do this, was with the creation of a new logo / banner image, that shouted ‘community’, so that anyone who is affected by the condition,  whatever their age, whatever  form of the condition they have and wherever they may be in the world, would feel they have a home.

      Rebecca J Kent, a graduate of Manchester Metroplitan University in the UK was approached to do the work.  Rebecca took time to learn about cnm / mtm, looking at photos of those affected and the different ways the condition affects individuals,  then incorporated  aspects of this in to her work, to create a truly unique image for the centronuclear and myotubular myopathy community.

      That however was just the start.  Having a new logo and having just celebrated it 9th birthday, it seemed timely to re-design the entire website too.  Using the colours of Rebecca’s background for inspiration, orange and green were chosen for the design, with orange being chosen as the main colour because of its bright, vibrant and sunny characteristics and to represent what is hoped, with ongoing developments in research, is now slowly becoming a brighter future for anyone diagnosed with

      The new sunflowers images which appear on some areas of the website were also designed by Rebecca.  Sunflowers have appeared at the Information Point for a number of years now because of the positive outlook which they convey. I love the way they grow to such dizzy heights, as if they are on a mission to touch the sky and nothing can hold them back.   My hope for the Information Point, is that just like a sunflower, it will continue to grow strong year after year, as will everyone who has need of its information.

      Please take a look around the new website – I hope you will like the new look.  If you would like to include your story or have an event you would like to include, please get in touch.

      It is hoped to issue the next Information Point newsletter sometime in May.  If you would like to include a story, please send this before 23rd April.

      Stories, events, newsletter articles should be sent to centronuclear. org@btinternet. com.

      The Information Point for Centronuclear and Myotubular Myopathy Information ~ Support ~ Awareness

      Visit our Website:

      http://centronuclea r.org.uk

      Read our Latest Newsletter:

      http://centronuclea r.org.uk/ theinformationpo int/newsletter_ december_ 2009/cnmnews_ december_ 2009.html

      Find us on Facebook:

      http://www.facebook .com.group. php?gid=24629335 020&ref=ts

      Find us on Twitter

      http://twitter. com/The_Info_ Point

      The Information Point Online Shop:

      http://buy.at/ theinformationpo int

      Member of the National Council of Voluntary Organisations Community Champions Fund Recipient * UnLtd Millenium Awards Scheme Recipient

      This communication is strictly confidential and intended only for the addressee above.  If you are not the named addressee or have received this communication in error please do not read it, but notify us immediately and then delete it from your computer.  The contents must not be disclosed to any other person and you must not take copies of it.  We take reasonable steps to ensure that emails sent by us are tested for software viruses but we do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage which may occur from using this email or any attachment

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic