      From: Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jess Juckers
      Sent: 03 May 2006 06:35 AM
      To: Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Myotubular_Myopathy] Fwd: FW: Gas War-It is worth a try. Please read!

      We are paying roughly $5.15USD per gallon here in Australia right now. We can't even afford to go out on family drives anymore :(
      This is impacting on food prices etc.. It's bloody ridiculous!
      Jess

      connie guinn wrote:

        GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

        This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton.  It's worth your consideration.

        Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are  going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take   some intelligent, united action.

       Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.  This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
        The oil   companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.  BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us!

        By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap.  Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that   BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. One way we can see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!  And, we can do that WITHOUT   hurting ourselves.
        How?

       Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.  But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.
        Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies(which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.  If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their
      prices.  If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.  But to have an impact, we need   to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.

      It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
        I   am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us
      send it to at least ten  more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group   of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.

        If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!   If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!                      Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.
        That's all!  If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people....
        Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician.
      But I am. So trust me on this one.) :-)
        How long would all that take?  If each of us sends
      this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of
      receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be
       contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!     Acting together we can make a difference.

        If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.   I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR  PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.  THIS CAN REALLY WORK!!!

      Upgrade Your Email - Click here!

      http://www.eset.com

      --

      "I am too much of a skeptic to deny the possibility of anything."
      Thomas Henry Huxley (1825-1895)

      NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof, is subject to the standard Sasol eMail legal notice which may be found at: http://www.sasol.com/legalnotices

      If you cannot access the legal notice through the URL attached and you wish to receive a copy thereof please send an eMail to legalnotice@...

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic