175Re: [Myotubular_Myopathy] Re: Number of People with Centronuclear Myopathy

    Nov 3, 2003
      Hey Toni,
      Thanks for the link on the European Conortium. Very interesting indeed!
      I know the Beggs Lab here in the USA is doing research on mtm. I have
      been thinking about getting in on that research.
      Let me know if you ever hear back on your DNA testing. My son and I had
      DNA testing done at least 10 years ago. I don't know if we even have the
      results or don't remember where they sent the tests out too. I know they
      had to take more tubes from me than my son. (GRRR)
      I am still waiting to hear back from a lady up in Canada about the
      number of patients with mtm. I forgot to tell you one of the ladies on
      the list said the sheet that was sent did not cover all of Canada it was
      missing the east part of the country.
      Wow you have been busy on your site. Spent quite a bit of time there
      yesterday. Loved the pic of you and your dad. I have one of me and my
      husband I will have to dig out and post one of these days. I have
      finally written up a story about our journey with mtm. Do you want to
      post it on your site too?
      What kind of job are you doing now? Great you are able to work flex
      hours and get to physio. When you are on the stander does it bring you
      upright or are you hanging from your ankles? I just can't picture it? I
      would think with flex time you should be able to go once a week. Can you
      bring in a note from the doc? I know in the US they tend to let you go
      to appointments when it is written from a doc.
      take care and keep in touch.
      pat
      MD</a>
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic