1672Re: Familial History

  • minyturtle
    Mar 15, 2005
      There is no family history of Myotubular Myopathy in our family.

      --- In Myotubular_Myopathy@yahoogroups.com, "Lill Tove"
      <lilltov@o...> wrote:
      > Hi.
      >
      > Remi is the spontaneous case. His father was 36 years old when i
      got pregnant.

      > Lill

      still-born brother Adrian were diagnosed as X-linked. We also found
      out, that I'm a carrier, so they "got" it from me, but there is no
      prior family history! We also tested my mom and she does not carry
      it, so we think, the spontaneous case is ME! I am the only child of
      my mother and my dad died 16 years ago, so were are not able to test
      him. My father was not very young when I was born (54 years old) -
      some years ago, I was wondering, if the fathers age could cause
      such "defects".

      > Take care,
      > Rita
      > Mason's Myotubular Myopathy has been diagnosed as X-Linked,
      which if I am understanding things correctly means it came through
      mom. We have researched her family and cannot identify any other
      cases. Her mother had a son who was normal and three daughters. Two
      of the daughters each have two sons who are normal. My wife is the
      third daughter, Mason is our first son. My wife's sister has two
      daughters (this gets confusing) who each have a son who is "normal."
      Mason may be a spontaneous case. My wife is being tested to see if
      she is a carrier, if not it means he is indeed spontaneous. Has
      anyone else here had a child with x-linked myotubular with no prior
      family history ?

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic