How To Double Your Income in 6 Months With LinkedIn...

  • joe_bartling
    Message 1 of 5 , May 10, 2005
      Hi all,

      Some of you know me as a LinkedIn oldtimer (18+ months). In the early
      days I spent hundreds of hours digging in to LinkedIn and the
      science/math behind it. I wrote a 21-page report with the above
      "working title" a while back and just finished it up to the point that
      I'm willing to share it on a limited basis.

      I'd like to offer a free copy to anyone here on the
      MyLinkedInPowerForum, because I feel like you guys (and ladies) have
      the motivation and desire to network using LinkedIn, but maybe need a
      broader perspective, knowledge, and deeper foundation of why and how
      this all works.

      I see the posts here about "zillions of connections" and being the
      "most" connected person and sometimes it makes me scream. In the
      report I explain that if you connect to a few good super-connectors or
      super-hubs, your network is almost 90% as effective as those
      super-connectors themselves. Its the mathematics that makes it work,
      which is why every city in America is not a airline hub, and why you
      never have to have more than one or two stops to get anywhere in the
      U.S. on an airplane.

      Anyway, just send me a LinkedIn invitation to
      joe.bartling@... and ask for a copy of the report, and I'll
      be happy to email it to you for personal use (not for republishing).

      All the best,

      Joe Bartling
      https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=62910
    • Arnnei MegaAS
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2005
        Hi Joe,

        I'm not disagreeing but -

        You DO have to have few good super-connectors or super-hubs
        So someone has to do it...

        And, you also request: just send me a LinkedIn invitation
        from everybody.....

        So, logically, I'd say you'd like to be a supper connector... In my mind there is no harm in it.
        I also try to explain, that yes - using a few contacts you reach many - 5 at a time using the Requests system.
        Having Zillion contacts - you reach them all directly....

        Cheers,

        Arnnei

        Co Moderator of MLPF

        Arnnei Speiser
        Managing Director
        Mega AS Consulting Ltd

        Cellular: + 64 21 782 223
        Skype: arnneisp

        Mega AS Consulting Ltd.
        PO Box 55227
        Phone: +64 9 5759580
        http://www.megaas.co.nz
        Mission Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
        Email: info@...

        The CAT (Cellular Authentication Token) TFA OTP and eAuthentication service is the ultimate solution for
        securing your site and end users from Passwords Stealing. Test it now for free.

[...]

        Vincent Wright, Hartford, CT, USA
        Creator/Moderator
        SKYPE = WrightWayCoaching

        Arnnei Speiser, Auckland, New Zealand
        Co-Moderator/Advisory Team Manager
        SKYPE = arnneisp

        My Linkedin Power Team
        Global Advisory Team

        *”The purpose of My Linkedin* Power Forum is to help Linkedin users to power up their networking in order to do business better.

        To do business better, we need to communicate better.”

      • bpmcdowell@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 5 , May 31, 2005
          Joe

          Hi - I came across your posting to the group. Is it too late to ask for a copy of your report? I'd be very interested to learn more about the mathematics of networking.

          Best regards
          Brian

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

        • joe_bartling
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2005
            Brian (and anybody else who might be interested),

            The report is now "freely" available in the file section of MLPF, or
            you can send me a connection invite to LinkToJo[at]gmail.com. I'd
            appreciate a connection invitation so I know who has the report. And
            if you have something *nice* to say, you can always post an
            endorsement to my profile :-)

            Happy networking,

            Joe Bartling
            https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=62910

            <snip>
            > Hi - I came across your posting to the group. Is it too late to ask
            for a copy of your report? I'd be very interested to learn more about
            the mathematics of networking.

            > Hi all,
            >
            > Some of you know me as a LinkedIn oldtimer (18+ months). In the early
            > days I spent hundreds of hours digging in to LinkedIn and the
            > science/math behind it. I wrote a 21-page report with the above
            > "working title" a while back and just finished it up to the point that
            > I'm willing to share it on a limited basis.
            >
            > I'd like to offer a free copy to anyone here on the
            > MyLinkedInPowerForum, because I feel like you guys (and ladies) have
            > the motivation and desire to network using LinkedIn, but maybe need a
            > broader perspective, knowledge, and deeper foundation of why and how
            > this all works.
            > <snip>
          • Roger Steciak
            Message 5 of 5 , May 31, 2005
              --- In MyLinkedinPowerForum@yahoogroups.com, "joe_bartling"
              <joe.bartling@g...> wrote:
              > The report is now "freely" available in the file section of MLPF

              I've read your "How to Double Your Income in 6 Months Using
              LinkedIn!" report and while your ideas are new, they are not that
              new. The underlying fundamentals have been around a long time and
              they remain as fundamentals because they continue to work.

              When I studied direct selling for consumer products 25 years ago
              (i.e., in 1980, when the "Internet" was still in the hands of the
              U.S. military as a developmental system), the old timers were
              advising us to let everyone we came in contact with know that we
              were sales people and what we were selling. This went so far as to
              include your business card in your utlilty payments and to give your
              business card to everyone you met as you went about your day-to-day
              business (waiters, waitresses, shop keepers, whoever). You never
              know in advance who might be interested in your product, so it's
              best to let everyone know about it just in case they might happen to
              be interested.

              What Linked In does is expand this "home town" market area to a
              world market area (which you pointed out in your white paper about
              going beyond the 26 mile radius). Linked In also provides search
              engines so that you can find others who can help you, and your white
              paper pointed out the need to structure your own profile so that it
              can be easily found by others who might need the products and
              services you provide. The modern technology of Web browsers and
              search engines greatly leverage the old fashioned power of shoe
              leather and interesting conversations, in other words.

              As more people get on Linked In, it will eventually be possible to
              find a lot more "needles in the haystack" (i.e., people and
              opportunities of a very "one of a kind" nature that are needed and
              hard to find) because the coverage with Linked In is worldwide
              rather than a local area without Linked In. Just has email has
              greatly changed our lives (for better or for worse) as more people
              use it, it will be interesting to see how social networking system
              change our lives once it takes effect with a large percentage of the
              world's population.

              --
              Roger Steciak
              http://profiles.yahoo.com/rogersteciak