Boolean searching on LinkedIn

  • Lynn Failing
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2009
      Folks - I know I'm late on this, but I'm sure most of you have noticed that it looks like LinkedIn has removed any Boolean functionality in its search engine. Do any of you have a "work around" on this one? It is very annoying not to be able to search on more than single words. I'm not the most computer-savvy guy on this technical stuff, so be gentle!
    • Marc Freedman
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2009
        Lynn,

        I don't see a problem on my simple test for People Search keywords. It worked for both multiple keywords (implicit AND) and exclusion (prefacing a keyword with a minus sign).  A partial fallback position is to use Google with "site:linkedin.com" to restrict searches to LI.

        Marc