Invitation analysis 3 - Going up

  • Marc Freedman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2008
      As I wrote in earlier posts on this theme (Dave Mendoza, open networkers), I looked at invitations over the past 3 months.

      I was surprised.  I though open networker invites would be going up.  They're not (see previous post).  I expected non-open networker invites to be flat.  Wrong again.  Instead they're going up. (most recent invitation counts are on the left of the chart below).

      I attribute that to general branding.  People now come in contact with me in many ways - my profile, DallasBlue, MyLink500, MyLinkGroups, all our DallasBlue groups, etc.

      The moral of the story - if you're a true open networker and intent on expanding your network:
      • 1. Continue to participate in the open networker lists.  You'll receive a rush of several invitations and likely a few thousand invitations from already active open networkers.  Once you get into a steady state like where I' at, invites slow to relative trickle.   30 per week and 1,500 per year is nothing to sneeze at.  But it's also not a magical elixir that will skyrocket you to 10,000.
      • 2. Don't forget other open networking techniques - publishing your email address, QuickLink, and LinkedIn profile on your LI profile, email sigs, web site, blog, etc.
      • 3. The dominant source will be your own networking, branding, marketing, and natural good looks.  In my case only about 30 of 200 invites per week, or 15% come from people using the open networker lists.

      Comments, questions, suggestions?

      Marc

      Emacs!