TV Documentary re Adult Anorexia

  • anoop
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2008
      I hope you don't mind me contacting you out of the blue like this. I
      am getting in touch from a UK TV company called betty. We've been
      commissioned by the BBC to produce a film about adult sufferers of
      anorexia. The premise is to feature women who are in their 30's,
      40's or older who are living with anorexia, whether it's a remission
      from earlier childhood or something that's developed later in
      life. Its part of a season of films the BBC are making about body
      image and eating.

      The aim is to demonstrate how anorexia is not just a disease that
      exclusively targets teenage girls with low self-esteem. According
      to recent research the increase in anorexia among older women is
      phenomenal – whether this is true or whether diagnoses is now more
      common is something I am looking into as part of my research.

      It would be great to talk to you about the project to get more of an
      insight. I am also searching for older women sufferers of anorexia
      who would be willing to share their stories. At this stage it's for
      research purposes only. I was hoping you could help point me in the
      right direction. Would you be happy to forward my request to members
      of your support group?

      To let you know more, betty is an independent television production
      company which has been making award-winning documentaries, drama,
      factual entertainment and formats since 2001. See www.betty.co.uk.

      I look forward to hearing from you,

      Best

      anoop pandhal