Tsunami: Please donate so it hurts your pocketbook, 'cos if it don't hurt...

  • Tarek fatah
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2004

      Dear friends,

      The International Development Relief Foundation - IDRF - is a Muslim relief agency with a track record of incredible work in refugee and disaster relief areas.

      If there is one Canadian aid agency that you can trust blindfolded, this is it. Please donate as much as you can to IDRF. Donate till it hurts your pocketbook. Because, if it does not hurt, you have not donated enough.

      Yesterday, my daughter met a 92-year old person in Windsor, who donated $2,000.00 to the victims of the tsunami. Can we match his donation? Can we meet him half way? How about donating at least one-day's salary?

      Here is an appeal from IDRF. I am also attaching a MS Word copy of their form.

      Thanks.

      Tarek Fatah
      _____________________

      Earthquake & Tsunami Disaster in South Asia

      Media reports indicate that 100,000 men, women and children may have lost their lives as a result of the December 26, 2004 earthquake and the massive tidal waves that it caused. Millions more have lost their homes and means of earning a livelihood. At least 12 South Asian and African countries have been affected by this natural disaster. IDRF is sending monetary aid to provide relief assistance to affected communities in Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India and the Maldives.

      The World Health Organization and other humanitarian agencies stress that the disaster victims' needs for safe drinking water, food and basic shelter are absolute priorities.

      Your help is URGENTLY needed.

      PLEASE DONATE GENEROUSLY. All Donations to IDRF are Tax Creditable

      IDRF, the International Development & Relief Foundation, is a Canadian Muslim registered humanitarian organization that has, since 1985, provided emergency relief and development assistance in various parts of the world to people who are struggling to cope with wars, natural disasters or conditions of poverty.

      ------Clip & Send to IDRF by Mail of Fax--------------------------------------------------------------

      IDRF - Earthquake &Tsunami Relief Fund

      Here is my donation to help provide aid to the needy in Indonesia, Maldives and Sri Lanka:

      o $200 o $ 100 o $50 o $25 o $10 o Other $_____________________________________

      Enclosed is my Cheque/Money order payable to "IDRF- Tsunami Fund"

      OR

      Bill my:

      VISA # __________________________________________________________________

      MasterCard # _____________________________________________________________

      Expiry Date: ______________________________________________________________

      IDRF: 1063 McNicoll Ave. Scarborough, ON. M1W 3W6.
      Charitable Registration #: 132542705 RR0001
      Tel: (416) 497-0818 Toll free: 1-866-497-IDRF (497- 4373) Fax: (416) 497-0686

      Online Donations accepted in the security of our Website: www.idrf.ca