Toronto police infiltrated by Islamists, talk show host alleges

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2011
      March 23, 2011

      Toronto police infiltrated by Islamists, talk show host alleges

      Johanne Hill
      The Jewish Tribune

      TORONTO – The Toronto police force has been infiltrated and compromised by Muslim extremists, according to allegations by author and radio talk show host Tarek Fatah, who has accused a Muslim “intelligence officer” of allowing a young Muslim woman to get away with a crime.

      However, a statement given to the Jewish Tribune by a Toronto Police Services spokesperson gives a different account of the way the investigation was handled.

      The incident in question consisted of two messages to Fatah, which were allegedly posted on Twitter by an Ontario woman who called herself ‘AnnaLitical’ and whose photo showed her wearing a hijab.

      Fatah posted screen shots of the comments on his web site. They read: “This is an open threat to Xaar Boy @TarekFatah I know where you live & where your office is...” and,  “this is an open threat.... I know where you live/work @TarekFatah."

      “I've given up on Toronto police," Fatah told the Tribune in a bedside interview in his Toronto hospital room, where he is undergoing chemotherapy treatment.

      Although he says he receives death threats on an almost daily basis, “this was so specific, I thought now was the time for Toronto police to send a clear message that we don’t put up with this (expletive).  It’s been a huge disappointment.”

      The messages were posted on Twitter as Fatah lay in hospital recovering from surgery to remove a cancerous tumour from his spine. Fatah explained that ‘Xaar Boy’ is a vulgar Somali-language insult.

      According to Fatah, two police officers from 51 Division arrived at his hospital room to take his complaint but were soon ejected by two “intelligence officers” who took over the investigation.

      “Fifty-one Division was not involved. It was the intelligence officers that were involved. It was totally uncalled for. It’s a criminal matter: it should have been dealt with by 51 Division. A threat was made (and) that person should have been charged.”

      When asked whether he believed the young woman was not charged because the investigating officer was a Muslim, Fatah replied, "Yes, absolutely. No doubt about it. I’m absolutely convinced that Islamists have penetrated the Toronto police force

[...]

      When asked whether he believed the young woman was not charged because the investigating officer was a Muslim, Fatah replied, "Yes, absolutely. No doubt about it. I’m absolutely convinced that Islamists have penetrated the Toronto police force exactly the way they did the London (England) police force.”

      Fatah said one of the “intelligence officers” phoned at 11:30 p.m. to inform him that the young woman hadn’t really meant what she wrote and therefore no charges would be laid.

      “That woman would have paid a bigger penalty if she had had a parking ticket than what she did by threatening me,” he claimed.

      Constable Tony Vella of the Toronto Police Services told the Tribune in a telephone interview that two police officers responded to Fatah's complaint and they requested the assistance of a detective who “happened to be Muslim. He happened to be on duty at the time. Whoever was on duty responded to the call.” All three officers were from 51 Division and all three investigated the allegations.

      “They spoke with the suspect who is 17 years of age.  The officers conducted a thorough, professional and fair investigation. After they conducted their investigation, it was determined that there were no grounds to lay charges because, simply, there was no threat.... No criminal act had taken place.”

      Constable Vella said the Muslim detective was not assigned to the case because of his religion; rather, it was a matter of, “whoever picked up the phone, whoever was available. Regardless of whatever his race or religion is, he conducted a fair investigation.”

      -
      Sent from my iPhone