A health report

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2011
      Dear Friends,

      Over the last week, my health has taken a turn for the worst. What began as a serious back injury that needed an MRI, ended up with the discovery of a cancerous growth on my spine.

      Alhamdo'lillah (thank God) the neurosurgeon at St. Michael's Hospital was able to operate the same day and remove most of the growth that not only relieved pressure on the nerves that had immobilized my legs, but also set the path for my fight against cancer.

      The future holds many challenges for me, my wife Nargis and our daughters Natasha and Nazia, but we have decided to fight the menace with a broad smile and a as gritty a resolve as possible. If Hitchens can do it without God on his side, I'm sure I can do better with the big guy backing me (at least I hope he does) :-)

      Your love and affection -- from both friend and foe-- has made us all elated and optimistic in these very difficult times.

      More on my travails as reported by my colleagues at CFRB NewsTalk1010:

      http://tinyurl.com/63qxseb

      Please keep me in your prayers and forgive my many indiscretions.

      The upside to the story is that there will be far less propaganda coming from my side, thus providing relief to your choked swollen in-boxes :-)

      Cheers,

      Tarek Fatah
      -
      Sent from my iPhone