Muslim Canadian wins CBC Literary Award for Short Story

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006
      Friends,

      My friend Ahmad Saidullah, a Canadian writer based in Hamilton, has won the
      second prize for his short story, Happiness And Other Disorders, in the 2005
      CBC Literary Awards.

      The awards ceremony was held at La Grande Bibliotheque in Montreal, Canada
      on 26 February 2006.

      The story was commended by the jurors for its experimental style, humour,
      and empathetic breadth. "Happiness" will be published in the June 2006
      edition of enRoute, Air Canada's flight magazine, which is a partner in the
      awards, and is expected to reach a million readers.

      The story will also be read on CBC Radio Canada at a later date and the CBC
      Literary Awards will be broadcast too. Ahmad is the second Canadian South
      Asian writer after Michael Ondaatje to be recognized by Canada's top
      literary short story prize and the first since the awards were redesigned in
      2001.

      To see a listing of the winners, click
      http://www.radio-canada.ca/prixlitteraires/english/pwinners2005.shtml

      Tarek