Buy Palestinian Olive Oil this Christmas Season to express Solidarity

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2005

      There are many ways to express solidarity with Palestine; buying Olive Oil from Palestinian farmers is the easiest and most practical way of expressing this solidarity. This Christmas and Holiday Season, please buy a bottle today. Its merely a click away.

      I am on the Board of the Zatoun enterprise and can vouch for that every dollar goes back to the farmers in the occupied Palestinian territories.

      Tarek Fatah
      -------------------------------
      sky

      Zatoun UPDATE
      November 2005

      Closing in on holiday season
      and perfect occasion for Zatoun

             "Zatoun is enthusiasm for and
        goodwill
      towards Palestine in a bottle."
      bottl

      Dear friends and supporters of Zatoun and the farmers of Palestine,

      This time last year Zatoun was fretfully waiting for its second order to be ready for the holidays - it was a scary time as we knew much depended on timing.

      It is a different story this time around, already available since early October, Zatoun has sold almost 5,000 bottles already. For the many who receive this update and have purchased in the last 6-8 weeks - thank you.  We are confident that the remaining 2,500 or so will sell in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

      Please do not wait, place your orders as soon as possible to allow time for shipping and handling.  This will also give you more time to think of who else in your family and friends to give a bottle as a special gift for the holidays.

      Zatoun is working on a number of initiatives and we wish we could report great progress on all of them just now but it takes time to get things off the ground - especially for an entirely volunteer organization.  We hope to have a great new development to announce in the next 10 days.

      In the meantime, please see the attached link to a wonderful article which appeared early this month for the online newspaper of  students at the University of King's College, School of Journalism
      in Halifax NSF.  The article, Olive oil soothes the burn of Israeli occupation begins with Joe Green, our local friend and distributor in Halifax, threads through to Zatoun and then passes to Palestine Fair Trade Association.   A great circle that ties us together - it only lacked a specific customer to profile - you.

      We at Zatoun are grateful for your incredible support and pleased that we are able to bring this wonderful oil to Canada and much needed funds to some of the farmers in Palestine.

      Together we will keep working and one day will arrive at our sincerest wish.  Someone passed this to me today -
          "A snowflake is one of God's most fragile creations, but look what they can do when they stick together."

      Perhaps a little corny but especially fitting for this time of year in Canada and also for our efforts on behalf of our friends in Palestine.

      Please visit our site to place your order for Zatoun olive oil.  We apologize that we have been sold out of olive oil soap practically from the beginning - it was a test and we had no idea it would be so much in demand.  Our next order in early 2005 will be for a few thousand bars.

      For more information:    www.Zatoun.com

      Zatoun (Palestine Peace Awareness Inc.)    info@...