3023The Muslim 'Out of Context' Trivia game!

    Nov 19, 2013

      My Muslim community has a joker up their sleeve every time they find themselves dealt with a bad hand. This 'joker' is the 'Out of Context' card. Whenever we find ourselves in a tight spot trying to explain an uncomfortable verse of the Quran or Hadees, we are bound to find ourselves saying, "you have to read it 'in context'.

      We Muslims should be saying, "these verses no longer apply in the era of the nation state and universal human rights, but instead we repeat ad nauseam, "its taken out of context."

      So here is a trivia for my fellow Muslims, specially the clerics and their radical female recruits. Its called "The Out of Context Game".

      What is the correct answer as to what the following verses from the Quran mean:

      1) Qur'an:9:5 - "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

      A) Order some pizza.
      B ) Take out the trash.
      C) Pay your bills.
      D) Murder non-muslims.

      2) Qur'an 9:5 - "When the sacred forbidden months for fighting are past, fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, torture them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

      A) Go to the cinema.
      B ) Go do your weekly shopping.
      C) Join the gym.
      D) Torture and murder non-muslims.

      3) Qur'an 24:34 - "Force not your slave-girls to whoredom if they desire chastity, that you may seek enjoyment of this life. But if anyone forces them, then after such compulsion, Allah is oft-forgiving."

      A) Pay your phone bill.
      B ) Buy a new car.
      C) Study hard for your exams.
      D) You can force non-muslim women into prostitution and allah will forgive you for it.

      4) Qur'an 33:59 - "Prophet! Tell your wives and daughters and all Muslim women to draw cloaks and veils all over their bodies (screening themselves completely except for one or two eyes to see the way). That will be better."

      A) Go to a music concert.
      B ) Go on the London Eye.
      C) Take up a sport.
      D) You have no free will and you have to cover yourself head-to-toe.

      5) Qur'an 9:71 - "O Prophet, strive hard against the unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and be harsh with them. Their abode is Hell, an evil refuge indeed."

      A) Go out and make new friends.
      B ) Cut down on junk food.
      C) Go on holiday
      D) islam does not tolerate any other faith.