Software...help please

  • douglasjamesmichael
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
      Hi
      Iam a new member to the group and I am trying to get my head round
      the technology....
      If I understand this correctly, as a Guitar, Banjo Player I can play
      to my computer so to speak...and my computer will decifer the notes
      and transcribe onto paper.....Please advise
    • Laurence Payne
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
        > Iam a new member to the group and I am trying to get my head round
        > the technology....
        > If I understand this correctly, as a Guitar, Banjo Player I can play
        > to my computer so to speak...and my computer will decifer the notes
        > and transcribe onto paper.....Please advise

        No program currently can do that, except for trivially simple musical input.
      • John Schurman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
          The Transcribe! program is for slowing the music down without changing the pitch so you can transcribe the music you want to learn. It has many great features to assist you transcribe your music. Best program I have ever used. Wish I had this program years ago.

          Laurence Payne <lp@...> wrote:
          > Iam a new member to the group and I am trying to get my head round
          > the technology....
          > If I understand this correctly, as a Guitar, Banjo Player I can play
          > to my computer so to speak...and my computer will decifer the notes
          > and transcribe onto paper.....Please advise

          No program currently can do that, except for trivially simple musical input.

          If you "reply" to this message then please, quote only enough of
          the original message to make it clear what you're replying to.
          If people quote entire messages with their headers and footers
          then we end up with horrendous multiple duplication.