Re: E-mail-A-Friend: Irene Buri-Nelson, longtime local radio broadcaster, dies in car crash on Highway 31

  • Mellissa
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2006
      I am sorry to hear of Irene passing. My thoughts go out to the WLIP
      framily and listeners.

      Mellissa

      > Comment:
      > Irene Buri Nelson.
      >
      > Tomorrow's (Sunday's) Music of the Stars from 7 to 11am will
      feature many of Irene's favorite tunes.

      > =Lou=
      >
      > ---
      >
      > Story:
      > Irene Buri-Nelson, longtime local radio broadcaster, dies in car
      crash on Highway 31

      > SOMERS - Broadcaster Irene Buri-Nelson, the first woman inducted
      into the Wisconsin Broadcasters Hall of Fame, died in a car accident
      Friday, according to authorities and the radio station where she
      worked. She was 84.

      > Buri-Nelson remained on the air with Pleasant Prairie-based WLIP-
      AM as host of "Around Town" until her death. She was part of the
      team that started the Kenosha County station in the mid-1940s.

      http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2006/07/08/local/iq_4117307.txt

      -
      > This e-mail contains information for the purpose of tracking
      abuse.
      > If you believe this email is offensive or may be considered spam,
      > please visit the website http://abuse.townnews.com and create an
      > incident report. From this site you can also block messages like
      > this from sending to your email address. Please retain this Mail-
      ID

      http://systems.townnews.com/public/aup/