E-mail-A-Friend: Irene Buri-Nelson, longtime local radio broadcaster, dies in car crash on Highway 31

  • x779@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2006
      Comment:
      Irene Buri Nelson.

      Tomorrow's (Sunday's) Music of the Stars from 7 to 11am will feature many of Irene's favorite tunes.

      =Lou=

      ---

      Story:
      Irene Buri-Nelson, longtime local radio broadcaster, dies in car crash on Highway 31

      SOMERS - Broadcaster Irene Buri-Nelson, the first woman inducted into the Wisconsin Broadcasters Hall of Fame, died in a car accident Friday, according to authorities and the radio station where she worked. She was 84.

      Buri-Nelson remained on the air with Pleasant Prairie-based WLIP-AM as host of "Around Town" until her death. She was part of the team that started the Kenosha County station in the mid-1940s.

      For more of this story, click on or type the URL below:

      http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2006/07/08/local/iq_4117307.txt

      This e-mail contains information for the purpose of tracking abuse.
      If you believe this email is offensive or may be considered spam,
      please visit the website http://abuse.townnews.com and create an
      incident report. From this site you can also block messages like
      this from sending to your email address. Please retain this Mail-ID
      [c8c1ed5a3f7b4807c23b00b971d48804], it's needed to view information
      associated with this message. Click the link below to view the incident.
      http://abuse.townnews.com/?MailID=c8c1ed5a3f7b4807c23b00b971d48804

      Read the acceptable use policy: http://systems.townnews.com/public/aup/
    • Mellissa
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2006
        I am sorry to hear of Irene passing. My thoughts go out to the WLIP
        framily and listeners.

        Mellissa