From Northbrook:

  • Louis Rugani
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2006
      -----Original Message-----
      From: John Perry
      Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 10:53 AM
      To: Lou Rugani
      Subject: FW: Lou Rugani is a STAR!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Edgar Reihl [mailto:ereihl@...]
      Sent: Friday, December 24, 2004 6:32 AM
      To: Perry@...
      Subject: Lou Rugani is a STAR!

      First of all, I think WLIP is one of the most outstanding local radio
      stations on the air today! It is one of the only stations still
      broadcasting an adult standards music format that is receivable in the
      Chicago area, now that WAIT has gone to time brokered programming. (The
      other ones I know of are 1480, WSPY, which has "Music of Your Life"
      which I enjoy very much, but it is extremely weak here, and 1600, WCGO,
      which can't be heard at all at my location).

      But WLIP is much more than that-- the announcers; Lou in particular; are
      extremely knowledgeable and add a lot of interest to the programs. I
      enjoy his car program, which you have labeled as an "infomercial" on
      your website. It is much more than that! In addition, his "Music of the
      Starts" program is a true classic. I hope someone is taping these shows
      for the benefit of future listeners. His shows should be archived at the
      Museum of Broadcast Communications.

      In the early days of radio, broadcasting was viewed as "being invited
      into the listener's home" as a guest. Today it's all about money, and
      hence you have people shouting 800 numbers at you 4 times in a
      commercial, and loud, intrusive musical themes (for example, WTMJ). I
      can remember when WTMJ was a good station. Today, it's just like all the
      large market outlets-- loud, obnoxious, and saying the same things over
      and over again all day.

      Thank you for being a breath of fresh air! I hope you will express my
      appreciation to Lou and all the WLIP staff for the great job that they
      do. Your station is not the strongest here in Northbrook, but I enjoy
      listening when I can.

      Merry Christmas!

      Edgar Reihl
      Northbrook, IL