Will somebody please cancel American Idol?

  • Louis Rugani
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2010

      From: Philip Livingston
      Sent: Friday, April 9, 2010 12:07 AM
      To: x779@...
      Subject: Will somebody please cancel American Idol

      Isn't this another sign of cultural shift? Instead of taking musical talent seriously over time rewarding study, craft, technique, versatility, and repitor. We pit people who line up on a street against each other for a shot on the show. Is this about music? Is this the same old tirade of the new and old? The Sinatra fans who poohooed tin pan alley and looked down on doowop precision. The recording discipline of Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers, Foreigner, Kansas, and many others gives way to prison culture influenced hiphop and gangsta cullcha. The unpolished amateur American Idol rises to fame and fortune in front of a huge crowd. I am just so happy not to participate.

      Philip Livingston
      Curlew, Washington

    • Carol Strempler
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2010
        I like to watch the bad talent. My Favorite was Clay Akian. I knew he was going places, even if he didn't win. My Mom who is 89 Loves to watch it. I Love Frank Sinatra Music, We all have a variety of favorite Music. Carol

        ===
        Posted through Grouply
        Create your own group!
        www.grouply.com