Jaye P. Morgan

  • Blue
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2010
      Looking through music on line at YouTube and found the hits probably forgotten or seldom played by Jaye P. Morgan in the early 50's. I noticed she worked with Hugo Winterhalter, DeVol, and The Morgan Brothers on some of her recordings.
      She had a very strong voice. " Life Is Just a Bowl Of Cherries" was one I listened to, something covered by many artists, but who was first to do that song, and who wrote it??

      What is her story, Lou? They don't say much on Wikipedia, and I'm sure you could find out more.
      I remember seeing her on "The Gong Show" in the 70's, but knew little or nothing about her and her career. Any info?

      Thanks. :)
    • Louis Rugani
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
        She has a nice website and is probably better known for her comic antics today than her great singing style.
        http://www.jayepmorgan.com/
        =Lou=

        The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.       Robert Anthony
      • Blue
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
          Thanks for that. Her photo was used on facebook for "Doppleganger Week" a friends Mom always said there was a resemblance... :-/, others on facebook agreed. Will you still play some of her songs on MOTS? I happen to like her song, " That's All I Want From You". Thanks again, Lou.