Bobby Darin

  • Louis Rugani
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2006

      From: JamieNey@...
      Sent: Monday, October 9, 2006 9:42 PM
      To: lou@...
      Subject: Bobby Darin

      Dear Lou,

      Thank you so much for providing your audience with a fine listening experience.  It is especially wonderful that Bobby Darin appears on your play list because he has a large following in your area.

      Mr. Darin is the reason I’m writing you today.  A group of dedicated Darin fans have begun a campaign to raise the $15,000 necessary to sponsor Bobby Darin for a star on the Las Vegas Walk of Stars.  This drive is organized and supported solely by Darin devotees and has the endorsement of the Bobby Darin Testamentary Trust.  It is vital for the success of this effort that word of it reach as many Darin fans as possible.  This is where we need your help.  We believe that your listeners will be thrilled to have the opportunity to participate in sponsoring Mr. Darin for this richly deserved honor and they can only do that if you make them aware of the opportunity.

      The Las Vegas Walk of Stars is similar to The Hollywood Walk of Fame.  It is meant to recognize legendary performers, and others, who have contributed to making Las Vegas the Entertainment Capital of the World.  Mr. Darin’s extraordinary performances in Vegas, and elsewhere, are legendary and your listeners can see him in action in a DVD called Seeing Is Believing, to be released November 7th.  Bobby Darin also has been inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame; he has won Grammy Awards and a Golden Globe; he was nominated for an Academy Award and three other Golden Globes; he had numerous top ten singles and albums, acted in 15 films and scored 5 films; he was Heart Fund Ambassador and an activist for social justice.  He did all this while compromised by a heart weakened by childhood rheumatic fever and despite his early death in l973 at 37.

      We urge you to invite your listeners to be part of this exciting project by making a donation.  Please refer them to Bobbydarin.net for donation information.  If you, or they, would like further information about this fund, or about the Darinfest weekend scheduled for May 2007, please contact me at BobbyDarinStarFund@....

      Thanks very much for your help in ensuring that Bobby Darin takes his rightful place among entertainment legends.

      Sincerely,

      Jamie Ney