Mary Travers of Peter, Paul and Mary

  • the_blue_fox2006
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2009
      The news is out that Mary Travers has leukemia and is unable to continue to perform and tour with the folk trio, Peter, Paul and Mary of '60's fame. In 2007, Mary Travers was unable to tour due to recent back surgery.

      This year marks the 50th anniversary of the trio's beginnings.

      Hits such as "Blowin' In The Wind", "500 Miles", "The Lemon Tree", "Puff The Magic Dragon", and songs by another singer/songwriter Pete Seeger, "If I Had A Hammer" and "Where Have All The Flowers Gone?" among the many folk songs recorded by the trio.
      By 1963, Peter, Paul and Mary had recorded three albums. All three were in the Top ten the week of President Kennedy's assassination.
    • Foxy
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2009
        Mary Travers passed away today, September 16th, 2009.