More Time = How many "numbers" ???

  • the_blue_fox2006
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2009
      Music Of The Stars, In a musical, mathematical, point of view question, regarding the stars, ( of course..Music + Stars = Gershwin.),may I ask
      how many times has Gershwin's "Rhapsody In Blue" been played in the movies over the years???? counting cartoons, etc.?
      Is it my imagination or is it just that so many Gershwin songs have been used in the movies and theatre ???
    • Philip Livingston
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2009
        --- In MusicOfTheStars@yahoogroups.com, "the_blue_fox2006" <the_blue_fox2006@...> wrote:

        > Music Of The Stars, In a musical, mathematical, point of view question, regarding the stars, ( of course..Music + Stars = Gershwin.),may I ask
        > how many times has Gershwin's "Rhapsody In Blue" been played in the movies over the years???? counting cartoons, etc.?
        > Is it my imagination or is it just that so many Gershwin songs have been used in the movies and theatre ???

        If I were producing a cartoon or movie, I would purposely find a place to put a smidgeon of Gershwin. His music is enchanting, lush, and inspiring. AND THEN I would play a whole piece during the credits.