74Mort Garson

  • mrcooby
    Jan 27, 2008
      Mort Garson, composer, arranger and accompaniest who co-wrote the hit
      "Our Day Will Come," died Jan. 4 of renal failure in San Francisco. He
      was 83.

      Services were held at Forest Lawn Cemetery, 6300 Forest Lawn Dr.,
      Los Angeles, on Saturday, Jan. 12 at 11 a.m.

      Born in New Brunswick, Canada, Garson attended Julliard and went on
      play on albums by artists including Mel Torme, Doris Day and Glen
      Campbell. During the 1960s, he made a series of albums playing the
      Moog synthesizer including exotica classic "The Zodiac: Cosmic Sounds"
      and "Electronic Hair Pieces," based on the music from the musical
      "Hair." His other cult albums included an album to accompany the book
      "The Sensuous Woman," "Plantasia," an album to help plants grow, and a
      series of 12 albums based on signs of the zodiac. .

      In addition to "Our Day Will Come," co-written by Bob Hilliard, which
      was performed by Ruby & the Romantics, he wrote the score for the
      musical "Marilyn" performed at the Aldaphi Theater in London. He also
      worked on film scores and on the theme songs for game shows including
      "Gambit" and "Baffle."

      He is survived by his life partner, Florence; a daughter and a
      grandson.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic