Re: [MT] georgetown [5 Attachments]

  • Patrick Hamilton
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2010
      This elevation was/is(?) a favorite for Montery restaurateur John Pisto (Arora connection).  Lodgepoles start at about 6,000' in the central Sierra and ponderosa is where very typical for spring at higher elevations but I did not know about now.  Nice!  The "red heads" do occur with madrone.  Connie gave me two commercial boxes of L. decastes (fried chicken mushroom) to play with, btw, and I think I'll blanch, quick saute, and freeze for some Camp application.  Fine but I did not ask for them. . . .  Oh, the onus of being "mycochef". . . .
      Regards,
      Piled on in Cotati

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2010

        hi Patrick
        when you say /commercial boxes, are the Decastes, collected or grown?
        norm

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2010
          This is what happened. . . .  I went into the fridge in the garage to get something and saw these two boxes of them stacked on the bottom shelf.  Nice!  I figured they came from Connie via Linda but that's all I really knew until just now when I called CG again.  They were sent down from most North CA from a buyer who got them from a picker(s).  CG does not sell them so I have them.