Re: Italian black and white truffle and porcini Foray

  • Dimitar Bojantchev
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2008
      Right. The month is NOVEMBER!! So there is time to plan...

      Todd Spanier can provide more details.

      This shows is the extent to which our and the Italian seasons tend to
      overlap in time -- the Mediterranean climates, I guess.

      Off to McCall Idaho today -- will post pictures from there and will
      certainly let you know if the picking is good, bad, or so-so. If not
      good there are plenty of interesting landmarks for me and my son to
      visit.

      D.

      --- In MushroomTalk@yahoogroups.com, debbie viess <amanitarita@...>
      wrote:

      > You included all but the month!
      > Deb
      > --- Dimitar Bojantchev <dimitar@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Todd Spanier just sent me this -- you know him, he's
      > > that lanky guy,
      > > considered the top wild mushroom distributor in the
      > > Bay Area:
      > > http://www.kingofmushrooms.com/. He's a cool dude
      > > too.
      > >
      > > Anyway, here is what he has to offer:
      > >
      > > -----
      > >
      > > I am leading a trip of 5 couples or ten people to my
      > > family's place in 3 regions of Italy. We end the
      > > trip in www.sandiagioacolle.it if you would like to
      > > join us or know someone who would please forward
      > > this to them. The tour starts at the Bologna airport
      > > on the 15th and end back at the airport on the 22nd.
      > > Airplane ticket is not included but everything else
      > > is (3 meals a day, transportation and lodging
      > > etc...) the cost is $3475.00. After my tour I am
      > > going to www.tuber2008.it for the following week
      > > with my wife.
      > >
      > > -----
      > >
      > > Sounds exciting and I would seriously consider a
      > > nice trip to Italy at
      > > this time of year, but I will be in Europe too on my
      > > own mushroom and
      > > legal exploration...
      > >
      > > D.
      > >
      > > P.S. I was hesitating to place this interesting
      > > offer to the Club
      > > forums, but they are rather prickly about what is
      > > deemed as
      > > "commercial announcements" and frankly I can't play
      > > a lawyer as to
      > > what is allowed and what not. Sometimes it makes me
      > > wonder about these
      > > rules though -- it's not like most Club forums are
      > > overflowing with
      > > messages, not to mention interesting ones. In light
      > > of that, a small
      > > and useful announcement of this kind should not only
      > > be welcome, but
      > > actively encouraged. Why else would I join a Club if
      > > it weren't for
      > > exactly that kind of information, delivered to me
      > > electronically?

    • toddspanier
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2008
        Hello
        The truffle & Mushroom tour is Nov 15 to 22nd. I provide transportation, lodging and 3
        meals a day. We will go to a truffle festival then two days with my family picking
        mushrooms in and around the porcini capital of Borgotaro and then 3 days in Umbria
        where we will stay at a 14th century Villa. Please feel free to call me at 650.642.4596.
        happy hunting,
        Todd