Re: [MT] does a tic sit in the woods

  • Lorrie
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 16, 2013
      I use OpenOffice to read those type of files.  It is great and also free.  Just do a Google search for it.

      Lorrie

      Lorries Green World
      http://minilorrie.2itb.com
      Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

      --- On Tue, 4/16/13, Sam Schaperow <sam.schaperow@...> wrote:

      Here's a trick:
      Some emails, such as gmail, allow a quick view of a file.  I have an old computer that doesn't read .docx, but I can use gmail to send it to myself, then I can read it.  I think there are also free programs that read and convert .docx files.

    • stereoviews_com
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013

        Ticks do not jump. They hang on vegetation with the three legs on one side while the three legs on the other side hang out in the air waiting for something to latch on to. Otherwise they simply crawl.

        David Spahr

        In a message dated 4/16/2013 1:53:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, webster@... writes:

        Not sure about the link, but a tic does NOT sit in the woods.

        It hops on the neck of the nearest chanterelle hunter, and goes home
        with her and enjoys a lovely, long, hot bath and a movie on the couch
        with popcorn before being hysterically discovered and transported to
        the local fire station to be introduced to the young paramedic in
        charge who with grippers, proceeds to break it off in chanterelle
        hunter's neck. Then it gets another hysterical car ride to the ER for
        a 'skilled tic removal technician' with her magnifying glass and
        expert grippers, who attempts to remove the rest and 'thinks' she got
        it all.

        Ahhh! Give Me Drugs!!!

        So they did. A huge dose of the recommended antibiotic and a band-
        aid. Kinda put a damper on the Nov. holiday I'd been gathering the
        chanterelle's for.

        Julie in NW Oregon

      • Ronald & Julie Webster
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013
          Ah yes, thank you for correcting.
          This one was so vicious, I was sure it had hopped on, instead of hanging on vegetation waiting for me to brushing up against.

          Julie in NW Oregon