Re: [MT] Red Pored Bolete ID request [3 Attachments]

  • Dimitar Bojantchev
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2012
      Irma, when you photograph boletes, never forget to photograph the upper stem, so that we can see if there are  reticulations or not. That drives a lot of id space. I think this is Boletus pulcherrimus as I see some reticulation.

          Dimitar

      this doesnn't seem to have all the characteristics of Satan's Bolete.... and the other red pored boletes don't seem to be native to this area, so I am curious as to comments from the experts.  Found in mixed tan oak/fir habitat .....

      cc
    • Sam Schaperow
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2012
        I have much trouble seeing the reticulation, but the resolution of the photo of whoever took it can be the main reason why.  Maybe on a better monitor I could make it out.

        --
        Sam Schaperow, MSMFT, LMFT
        Clinical Director

      • candycap
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2012
          thanks to all; (I did not take the photo and will keep this instruction in mind), I was pretty certain this was pulcherrimus but got thrown off by Arora's comment: "I have not seen it in this area".......(can't wait for his new release because MD in other ways is so comprehensive and fun to read).  Until then, I will check other uptodate resources in the future as well .

          cc