Re: [MT] Sam the Man

  • jeff michel
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2012
      LOL!

      Nice Dimi!

      Jeff

      On Sep 30, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Dimitar Bojantchev wrote:

      Here is a quick one, without much embellishment…

      ++++++++++++++++++++++

      Sam the Man

      Sam loves to forage

      tons of mushrooms in his storage

      nothing goes to waste

      everything prepared to taste

      Hunts at night, hunts at day

      nothing stops that guy

      Slippery Jacks he devours,

      Russula will cook for hours

      Amanitas, Lepiotas, just any rarity,

      he’ll preserve for posterity

      and if he can cash some buck

      Sam won’t hold back.

      Everything is kosher, all is good,

      but recently he got misunderstood

      flirting with dangerous species (as he does)

      set the toxicologists abuzz,

      scandalized the small town

      they decided to take him down

      But here out West

      (where we love to laugh and jest)

      the folks are more mellow,

      and welcomed Sam, the nutty fellow

      watched him climb his fungal Zion towards glory,

      but that’s not the moral of the story –

      we shared the journey of knowledge together

      and that should make everything better…

                      D.

    • Dimitar Bojantchev
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2012
        It’s was a rare inspiration to put anything in rhyme. Choppy and not quite embellished, but that’s all I have time for..  I started to write one “Sam and the fungal Promised Land”.

            D.