RE: [M_L] Mother tongue-based multilingual education Network web site

  • Dave Pearson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2012
      Thanks Don, I've added the link to the group site.

      I am not aware of what UNESCO is doing regarding the end of Literacy Decade
      reporting. Last month I attended the UNESCO High Level Round Table on
      Literacy
      <http://www.unesco.org/new/en/education/resources/online-materials/single-vi
      ew/news/41_countries_tackle_literacy_challenges/> in Paris. Several member
      states raised the language aspect of literacy, as did I. But I don't recall
      any reference to the end of decade reporting other than to say it was
      happening. I don't know who's doing it, or what reference, if any, will be
      made to multilingual literacy / pluriliteracy. I'll be at UNESCO again at
      the end of October for the Collective Consultation of NGOs on EFA. I'll let
      you know if I find out anything.

      Dave

      From: "Dave Pearson" <dave_pearson@... <mailto:dave_pearson%40sil.org> >
      Sender: Multilingual_Literacy@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:Multilingual_Literacy%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 15:53:44
      To: <Multilingual_Literacy@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:Multilingual_Literacy%40yahoogroups.com> >
      Subject: [M_L] Mother tongue-based multilingual education Network web site

      Dear All,

      In case you haven't found it yet, there is a wealth of information
      (documentation, upcoming events etc.) on mother tongue-based multilingual
      education (MTBMLE) at the (relatively) new MTBMLE Network website:
      www.mlenetwork.org

      Dave Pearson

      Permanent Representative to UNESCO

      SIL International

      Kenya Mobile: +254 786439837

      UK Mobile: +44 7985 256 581

      Office: +254 202 723 793

      Skype: dave_pearson_sil

      Web: www.sil.org

      SIL serves language communities worldwide, building their capacity for
      sustainable language
      development, by means of research, translation, training and materials
      development.