Re: [M_L] Mother tongue-based multilingual education Network web site

  • dzo@bisharat.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2012
      Thanks, Dave. Please feel free to add a link on the links page of the group site (else I'll do it later).

      BTW, with the Literacy Decade coming to a close, what kind of attention do you see UNESCO giving to multilingual literacy / pluriliteracy in final reporting?

      All the best,

      Don

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2012
        Thanks Don, I've added the link to the group site.

        I am not aware of what UNESCO is doing regarding the end of Literacy Decade
        reporting. Last month I attended the UNESCO High Level Round Table on
        Literacy
        <http://www.unesco.org/new/en/education/resources/online-materials/single-vi
        ew/news/41_countries_tackle_literacy_challenges/> in Paris. Several member
        states raised the language aspect of literacy, as did I. But I don't recall
        any reference to the end of decade reporting other than to say it was
        happening. I don't know who's doing it, or what reference, if any, will be
        made to multilingual literacy / pluriliteracy. I'll be at UNESCO again at
        the end of October for the Collective Consultation of NGOs on EFA. I'll let
        you know if I find out anything.

        Dave