Mother tongue-based multilingual education Network web site

  • Dave Pearson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2012
      Dear All,

      In case you haven't found it yet, there is a wealth of information
      (documentation, upcoming events etc.) on mother tongue-based multilingual
      education (MTBMLE) at the (relatively) new MTBMLE Network website:
      www.mlenetwork.org

      Dave Pearson

      Permanent Representative to UNESCO

      SIL International

      Kenya Mobile: +254 786439837

      UK Mobile: +44 7985 256 581

      Office: +254 202 723 793

      Skype: dave_pearson_sil

      Web: www.sil.org

      SIL serves language communities worldwide, building their capacity for
      sustainable language
      development, by means of research, translation, training and materials
      development.

    • dzo@bisharat.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2012
        Thanks, Dave. Please feel free to add a link on the links page of the group site (else I'll do it later).

        BTW, with the Literacy Decade coming to a close, what kind of attention do you see UNESCO giving to multilingual literacy / pluriliteracy in final reporting?

        All the best,

        Don

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2012
          Thanks Don, I've added the link to the group site.

          I am not aware of what UNESCO is doing regarding the end of Literacy Decade
          reporting. Last month I attended the UNESCO High Level Round Table on
          Literacy
          <http://www.unesco.org/new/en/education/resources/online-materials/single-vi
          ew/news/41_countries_tackle_literacy_challenges/> in Paris. Several member
          states raised the language aspect of literacy, as did I. But I don't recall
          any reference to the end of decade reporting other than to say it was
          happening. I don't know who's doing it, or what reference, if any, will be
          made to multilingual literacy / pluriliteracy. I'll be at UNESCO again at
          the end of October for the Collective Consultation of NGOs on EFA. I'll let
          you know if I find out anything.

          Dave