Re: Need help in reinvigorating Multilingual_Literacy!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2009
      Also need some help with spelling, apparently.

      Possible new directions or elements in approach for this list might
      include:
      * Some web 2.0 approach to complement this list and mutually support
      attention to multilingual literacy
      * Arrange for posting from participants in relevant conferences
      * Arrange for periodic posting on specific issues by expert members

      A particular administrative need for this list is another moderator or
      perhaps an additional "list owner" to assure long term development of
      the list.

      The topic of this list is, if anything, more important now than it was
      at the beginning of the Literacy Decade (for instance the CFP for the
      Third-Languge Acquisition & Multilingualism conferece specifically
      mentions "Literacy in multiple languages (pluriliteracy)" and related
      topics - see message #515). Also, the list as a space for discussion
      in this area has potential contributions to make over the last 4 years
      of the Decade and beyond.

      Anyway your continued participation, ideas and initiatives are
      appreciated.

      Don Osborn

      --- In Multilingual_Literacy@yahoogroups.com, "Don Osborn" <dzo@...>