Need help in reinviroating Multilingual_Literacy!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2009
      Six years of the UN Literacy Decade are behind us. During that time,
      this group emerged as a space for considering what literacy meant or
      might (could? should?) mean in multilingual settings.

      After a good start, I found that I was not able to keep up the pace of
      identifying and forwarding materials to the list. I'm now seeking one
      or more volunteers to do that, maybe, and perhaps more, to fulfill the
      promise of the group and get multilingual literacy (pluriliteracy) a
      nore prominent place on the international education and literacy agendae.

      Anyway, if you would like to help, please let me know. There are four
      years left in the Decade and we can do more.

      Don
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2009
        Also need some help with spelling, apparently.

        Possible new directions or elements in approach for this list might
        include:
        * Some web 2.0 approach to complement this list and mutually support
        attention to multilingual literacy
        * Arrange for posting from participants in relevant conferences
        * Arrange for periodic posting on specific issues by expert members

        A particular administrative need for this list is another moderator or
        perhaps an additional "list owner" to assure long term development of
        the list.

        The topic of this list is, if anything, more important now than it was
        at the beginning of the Literacy Decade (for instance the CFP for the
        Third-Languge Acquisition & Multilingualism conferece specifically
        mentions "Literacy in multiple languages (pluriliteracy)" and related
        topics - see message #515). Also, the list as a space for discussion
        in this area has potential contributions to make over the last 4 years
        of the Decade and beyond.

        Anyway your continued participation, ideas and initiatives are
        appreciated.

        Don Osborn

        --- In Multilingual_Literacy@yahoogroups.com, "Don Osborn" <dzo@...>