UN Literacy Decade Expert Group, 2nd Meeting of the 4-6 Feb 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2008
      Not sure if this is one of the events described in the previous
      message re UNESCO literacy meetings this year, but I just came across
      news of it (and it just concluded):

      Expert Group Meeting on UN Literacy Decade at UNESCO
      http://tinyurl.com/3yhobj

      The Second Meeting of the United Nations Literacy Decade (UNLD) Expert
      Group is being held from 4 to 6 February at UNESCO Paris.

      Some 20 international experts and UNESCO focal points for literacy
      will assess progress within the framework of the Mid-Decade Review of
      the UNLD (2003-2012).

      Participants will update current actions in literacy and identify
      challenges, obstacles and needs in promoting literacy through the UNLD
      at regional and national levels. They will also address the
      preparation of the UNLD Mid-Decade Report to be submitted to the UN
      General Assembly in July 2008.

      Discussion will also focus on identifying strategic areas of action
      for the second half of the UNLD,.

      The first meeting of the UNLD Expert Group was held in September 2007

      Contact: literacy@...

      Related links

      Draft Programme for the Second Meeting of the UNLD Expert Group

      More about the UNLD

      UNESCO’s Literacy Portal

      Literacy for Life : The EFA Global Monitoring Report 2006