UNESCO book "Promoting Literacy in Multilingual Settings"

  • Dave Pearson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2008
      I'm new to this group so forgive me if this has already been posted. In
      2007 UNESCO published "Promoting Literacy in Multilingual Settings" by
      Kimmo Kosonen, Catherine Young and Susan Malone. ISBN 92-9223-100-6

      Contents
      Introduction
      Chapter 1: Linguistic Diversity, Literacy and Education
      Chapter 2: Education in Ethnic Minority Communities: Questions to
      Consider and Problems to Solve
      Chapter 3: Multilingual Education Practice in Eight Asian Countries
      Chapter 4: Developing Low Cost and Effective Materials for Multilingual
      Education Programmes
      Chapter 5: Training Effective Community Teachers for Multilingual
      Education Programmes
      Chapter 6: Teaching Methods for Effective Multilingual Education
      Programmes
      References
      Download the pdf version from
      http://www2.unescobkk.org/elib/publications/100/
      <http://www2.unescobkk.org/elib/publications/100/>

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2008
        Thanks, Dave, this is an important item to list here (which it hadn't
        been before).

        The group homepage has a search feature that lets you find material in
        the archives of previous posts.

        All the best.

        Don

        --- In Multilingual_Literacy@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Pearson"