Re: Linguapax Award 2008

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2007
      I've just learned that the deadline for nominations has been extended
      to 21 December 2007. Don

      --- In Multilingual_Literacy@yahoogroups.com, "Don Osborn" <dzo@...>
      wrote:

      > FYI, the call for nominations for the Linguapax Award 2008. Note the
      deadline of Dec. 15.

      > --------------------------------
      >
      > We are pleased to inform you that the call for candidates to the
      Linguapax awards 2008 is open. Kindly send your nominees to the
      secretariat of the Linguapax Institute ( info@... ) before
      December 15th 2007 along with their short biographical note if possible.

      > As in previous occasions, the name of the prize-winner will be made
      public on February 21, coinciding with the International Mother
      Language Day. The Linguapax Awardee will be granted the amount of
      3,000 €.

      > For more information about the awards, please visit:
      >
      > Català http://www.linguapax.org/ct/premisLPX.html
      > Español http://www.linguapax.org/es/premisLPXcas.html
      > English http://www.linguapax.org/en/premisLPXang.html
      > Français http://www.linguapax.org/fr/premisLPXfr.html
      >
      > --------------------------------
      >

      > [from the Linguapax website]
      >

      > Linguapax Prize
      >

      > Rules
      >

      > 1. The Linguapax Prizes are awarded every year by the Linguapax
      Institute.

      > 2. The prizes are awarded to linguists, researchers, professors and
      members of the civil society in acknowledgement of their outstanding
      work in the field linguistic diversity and/or multilingual education.
      Nominations of people having contributed to improve the linguistic
      situation of a community or country will be specially appreciated.

      > 3. The nominations for the Linguapax Prizes must be sent to the
      secretariat of the Linguapax Institute along with a biographical note
      of the candidate. The nominations will remain confidential among the
      members of the jury.

      > 4. The jury of the Linguapax Prizes will be formed by the members of
      the Advisory Committee of the Linguapax Institute.

      > 5. The Linguapax prizes can be declared void. The jury's decision
      will be final.

      > 6. The Linguapax Prize will be made public on February 21st of every
      year, International Mother Language Day.