Linguapax Award 2008

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2007
      FYI, the call for nominations for the Linguapax Award 2008. Note the deadline of Dec. 15.

      --------------------------------

      We are pleased to inform you that the call for candidates to the Linguapax awards 2008 is open. Kindly send your nominees to the secretariat of the Linguapax Institute (info@...) before December 15th 2007 along with their short biographical note if possible.

      As in previous occasions, the name of the prize-winner will be made public on February 21, coinciding with the International Mother Language Day. The Linguapax Awardee will be granted the amount of 3,000 €.

      For more information about the awards, please visit:

      Català http://www.linguapax.org/ct/premisLPX.html
      Español http://www.linguapax.org/es/premisLPXcas.html
      English http://www.linguapax.org/en/premisLPXang.html
      Français http://www.linguapax.org/fr/premisLPXfr.html

      --------------------------------

      [from the Linguapax website]

      Linguapax Prize

      Rules

      1. The Linguapax Prizes are awarded every year by the Linguapax Institute.

      2. The prizes are awarded to linguists, researchers, professors and members of the civil society in acknowledgement of their outstanding work in the field linguistic diversity and/or multilingual education. Nominations of people having contributed to improve the linguistic situation of a community or country will be specially appreciated.

      3. The nominations for the Linguapax Prizes must be sent to the secretariat of the Linguapax Institute along with a biographical note of the candidate. The nominations will remain confidential among the members of the jury.

      4. The jury of the Linguapax Prizes will be formed by the members of the Advisory Committee of the Linguapax Institute.

      5. The Linguapax prizes can be declared void. The jury's decision will be final.

      6. The Linguapax Prize will be made public on February 21st of every year, International Mother Language Day.

      7. The awardee will be granted the amount of 3,000 €

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2007
        I've just learned that the deadline for nominations has been extended
        to 21 December 2007. Don

        --- In Multilingual_Literacy@yahoogroups.com, "Don Osborn" <dzo@...>