Updates to wiki - "Universal Primary Education"

  • Troy
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2007
      Hello Don,

      A while back I posted a message regarding an "MLE" entry on
      Wikipedia. I haven't seen much activity on that article, but in the
      hope that some here might get "inspired" I mention it again, plus the
      following.

      There are a number of areas within Wikipedia which could benefit from
      info on MLE thought & practice. One such area was the article on
      "Universal Primary Education". After placing a "seed" paragraph
      (with a few references), I would welcome others to fill out that
      section (and any others) with more complete info. FYI - the link is

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Primary_Education#Language.

      It's not hard to edit - simply click the "Edit" link near the section
      you're interested in. I think of particular interest there would be
      statistical info regarding the Home Language / School Language divide
      and actual drop-out rates where these differ.

      Troy
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 2007
        Hi Troy - Very belated thanks for this. I added the URL for the
        Multilingual Education article to the links section on this group's
        homepage.

        I think that Wikipedia shouldn't be overlooked as an area to expand
        information on topics like pluriliteracy and language of instruction
        in multilingual societies. Thanks for working on this.

        I note that there are apparently no articles in Wikipedia yet on
        multilingual literacy (however termed).

        Don