Language and Education 20(1)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2006
      FYI. This issue of this journal (which I do not post about regularly
      on M_L) has some articles that may be of interest. The title of the
      article by Robertson seems particularly interesting in terms of this
      list's topic. (Fwd from Linguist list)... DZO

      Date: 06-Feb-2006
      From: Kathryn King <marketing@...>
      Subject: Language and Education Vol 20, No 1 (2006)

      Publisher: Multilingual Matters
      http://www.multilingual-matters.com/

      Journal Title: Language and Education
      Volume Number: 20
      Issue Number: 1
      Issue Date: 2006

      Subtitle: Interaction in Complementary School Contexts

      Main Text:

      Angela Creese and Peter Martin:
      Interaction in Complementary School Contexts: Developing Identities of
      Choice – An Introduction

      Peter Martin, Arvind Bhatt, Nirmala Bhojani and Angela Creese
      Managing Bilingual Interaction in a Gujarati Complementary School in
      Leicester

      Angela Creese , Arvind Bhatt, Nirmala Bhojani and Peter Martin
      Multicultural, Heritage and Learner Identities in Complementary Schools

      Leena Helavaara Robertson
      Learning to Read 'Properly' by Moving Between Parallel Literacy Classes

      Chao-Jung Wu
      Look Who's Talking: Language Choices and Culture of Learning in UK
      Chinese Classrooms

      Li Wei
      Complementary Schools, Past, Present and Future

      Book Reviews

      Medium of Instruction Policies: Which Agenda? Whose Agenda?
      Day-to-Day dyslexia in the Classroom, 2nd edn
      Form-Meaning Connections in Second Language Acquisition

      Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics
      Applied Linguistics
      English

      Subject Language(s): None ()