Norms & future of this group

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2003
      I just wanted to assure members that posting to the group is by
      members only and spam and off-topic messages will not be tolerated
      and that anyone abusing this will be removed & banned.

      I do not anticipate any problems but if need be will change the group
      parameters to "moderated" in order to permit screening of spam and
      inappropriate posts.

      The time frame of this group is long term and as such there may be
      periods of low activity in the beginning, but I do expect that
      discussion of literacy in multilingual societies will become nothing
      but more important as we get further into this UN Literacy Decade.

      Thank you for your patience, perseverence, and continued membership
      of Multilingual_Literacy and I look forward to sharing and learning
      more with you on this vital topic.

      Don Osborn, Ph.D.
      Founder & coordinator of Bisharat! A language, technology &
      development initiative
      and
      Associate Director for Agriculture, Peace Corps, Niger