Digital Learning India 2006

  • Himanshu Kalra
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2006
      Realising the critical importance of education in development, in the
      last few years, India, like most developing countries has increased its
      investment in education and have taken several positive steps towards
      exploring the potential of technologies at all levels of education.
      These investments and initiatives have come from the government, private
      sector as well as civil society organizations. However, there are still
      processes that needs to be put in place, synergies to build and
      collaborations to be developed, to make the best use of technologies in
      education. Consequently, knowledge sharing is essential to learn from
      best practices and finding commons solutions to common problems. There
      are lessons to learn from countries that are at an advanced stage of ICT
      integration as well as experiences to share with countries that are
      initiating such programmes.

      In August 2006, join the ICT in education decision-makers from
      government, Industry leaders, practitioners and academicians to share
      experience, showcase your project/ product and deliberate on strategies
      for transforming education in India at the Digital Learning India 2006
      conference.

      Themes of sessions

      Keynote sessions

      · Technologies in education: from instructing to learning

      · ICT and education: building human resource for the knowledge
      society

      · National ICT in education policy- where are we?

      · Partnerships for enhancing outreach and quality

      Technical sessions

      · Technology for school education practices and innovations

      · e-learning solutions for classrooms

      · Technology in education: understanding the key issues

      · e-learning design and delivery: where do we focus?

      · Building leadership in teachers: Teachers capacity building

      · Content and Curriculum: focusing on learning

      · We invite all associated and interested in ICT in education
      to participate in the Conference.

      This conference will be of interest to:

      • Policy makers and implementers in government

      • Practitioners from the civil society and bilateral organizations

      • Industry leaders and e-Learning solution providers

      • Academic community, education scientist and technologist

      Submit abstract online at www.digitalLEARNING.in/Dlindia/
      <http://www.digitallearning.in/Dlindia/>

      Important Dates:

      Conference Date:

      Abstract Submission: June 30, 2006

      Acceptance Notification: July 05, 2006

      Full Paper Submission: July 25, 2006

      Final Confirmation: July 31, 2006

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006
        Thanks for this item. There is no doubting the increasing importance
        of ICT in education. Given the multilingual nature of Indian society,
        it would be interesting to know how the conference will address issues
        such as the use of technology for education in and across diverse
        languages. DZO

        --- In Multilingual_Literacy@yahoogroups.com, "Himanshu Kalra"