Multilingual_Literacy at 3 years

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2006
      As we approach the end of the third year of this list - and soon the
      1/3 mark of the UN Literacy Decade - I wanted first of all to note
      these milestones and reaffirm that, despite the lack of activity
      recently, this is an ongoing effort.

      That means that there are 7 years yet in the Decade, and even at the
      end of that time, the issues treated here are long term.

      I personally have had less time to devote to this list than before,
      but will continue and hope that there can be others who contribute
      more relevant items.

      At some point it may be useful to set up some "focused discussions"
      on specific topics relating to multulingualism amd literacy - any
      ideas are welcome. Focused discussions, lasting a couople of weeks to
      a month, often shifting topics during the period in question, are
      often a good way of generating useful discussion and interest in the
      list and its subject. More on that soon.