Call for papers:Digital Learning Asia 2006 Conference

  • sanjeev shrivastav
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2006
      [Editor's note: Although this posting does not address multilingual literacy or related topics directly, e-learning is an increasingly important tool for education and potentially also for literacy, including in multilingual societies. DZO]

      Dear Members,

      The Centre for Science, Development and Media Studies (www.csdms.in) is organizing a three day conference entitled ‘Digital Learning Asia 2006’ in conjunction with egov Asia 2006 to be held during 25-28 April, 2006 at
      Rama Gardens Hotel and Resort,
      Laksi 10210,
      Thailand (http://www.ramagardenshotel.com/)
      Email: rama@...

      The aim of Digital Learning Asia 2006 (www.dlasia.csdms.in) is to deliberate and learn from the current National ICT and Education strategies of Asian countries and to understand the recent trends in e-learning practices. The objective of the conference is to create a platform for interchange of views among experts, professionals, researchers and academicians on theoretical and practical aspects of ICT implementation in education in Asia. Some of the themes of the conference include (among others):

      · e-learning practices
      · Education of information and communication technologies
      · Technologies for education and training
      · Public private partnership in ICT in education
      · Monitoring and evaluation of ICT in education
      · Future trends in e-learning

      Key leading Ministries and Departments of the Governments of various countries are being invited to join as partners. The conference assumes immense importance with the commitment of the South East Asian Ministers of Education Organisation, SEAMEO (www.seameo.org) as a supporting organisation. We hope to be able to advocate and bring the recommendations of this conference at the highest level of decision making.

      The conference has already received an overwhelming support from partners such as Chulalongkorn University at Bangkok (Thailand), University of Washington (USA), National University of Singapore (NUS), (Singapore), University of Malaya (Malaysia). The Danish Technological Institute (Denmark) is a co-organiser of the conference, along with Universiti Teknologi Mara (Malaysia) as an institutional partner.

      We welcome papers from practitioners and experts, in the various sessions of the conference. Please take a few minutes to view (and bookmark) the conference website www.dlasia.csdms.in which is being frequently updated with latest information about the partners, and associates who are supporting this event. There will also be showcasing of solutions in an exhibition.

      We invite you submit an abstract by February 28 , 2006, and the full paper by March 30, 2006. For further details about the conference, please see the attached first announcement. We invite you to register and participate in Digital Learning Asia 2006 Conference.

      We look forward to a positive response from your side.

      Best regards,

      Sanjeev Kumar Shrivastav
      Digital Learning Asia 2006 Secretariat
      Centre for Science, Development and Media Studies (CSDMS)
      G-4, Sector 39, NOIDA 201 301, India
      Tel: +91 120 2502180 to 87
      Fax: + 91 120 2500060
      Mobile: +91 9899489197