30th Boston Univ. Conf. on Language Devt.

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2005
      FYI (fwd from Linguist list)... DZO

      Date: 20-Sep-2005
      From: David Bamman <langconf@...>
      Subject: 30th Boston University Conference on Language Development

      30th Boston University Conference on Language Development
      Short Title: BUCLD 30

      Date: 04-Nov-2005 - 06-Nov-2005
      Location: Boston, MA, USA
      Contact: David Bamman
      Contact Email: <langconf@...>
      Meeting URL: http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/

      Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition

      Meeting Description:

      The conference includes about 90 papers and 40 posters in such areas
      as theoretical approaches to language acquisition, cross-cultural
      language development, second language development, language disorders,
      and literacy development.

      We are pleased to announce that pre-registration for BUCLD 30 is now
      available at:

      http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/prereg.htm

      The 30th Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development
      will be held at Boston University, November 4-6, 2005. Our invited
      speakers are:

      Janet Werker, University of British Columbia
      ''Speech Perception and Language Acquisition: Comparing Monolingual
      and Bilingual Infants''
      Keynote address, Friday, November 4 at 8:00 pm

      Harald Clahsen, University of Essex
      ''Grammatical Processing in First and Second Language Learners''
      Plenary address, Saturday, November 5 at 5:45 pm

      Jeff Elman, University of California at San Diego
      LouAnn Gerken, University of Arizona
      Mark Johnson, Brown University
      ''Statistical Learning in Language Development: What is it, What is
      its Potential, and What are its Limitations?''
      Lunchtime symposium, Saturday, November 5 at 12:00 pm

      The full conference schedule, with 87 papers and 40 posters, is
      available at:
      http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/schedule.htm

      Please note that beginning October 26, 2005 (two weeks before the
      conference), nationals from 27 countries will need a machine-readable
      passport to be eligible for a visa waiver for entry into the United
      States. More information is available on the US Department of State
      website at:
      http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html

      More information about BUCLD is available at our website:
      http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD

      We look forward to seeing you at BUCLD 30.

      Sincerely,
      David Bamman, Tatiana Magnitskaia and Colleen Zaller
      BUCLD 30 Co-organizers