Internat'l Symposium on Bilingualism, Hong Kong 18-6-05

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2005
      FYI. This announcement went out on the Linguist list a couple of days
      before it happened and I'm only getting to it now (apologies). I
      forward it on the case that the (annual?) event may be of interest
      and in the hopes that there will be some papers or report on the
      symposium will be available on the website (URL in text below). The
      main interest of the symposium was Chinese/English bilingualism. DZO

      Date: 16-Jun-2005
      From: Dr. L. H. Tan <tanlhhkucc.hku.hk>
      Subject: International Symposium on Bilingualism

      International Symposium on Bilingualism

      Date: 18-Jun-2005 - 18-Jun-2005
      Location: Hong Kong, China
      Contact: Cecilia Ngai
      Contact Email: fmri@...
      Meeting URL: http://www.hku.hk/linguist/isb

      Meeting Description:

      International Symposium on Bilingualism

      Date: 18 June, 2005
      Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:35 p.m.
      Venue, Convocation Room, Main Building, HKU

      The Department of Linguistics, University of Hong Kong is pleased to
      announce that an International Symposium on the topic
      of ''Bilingualism: Linguistic, Psycholinguistic and Sociolinguistic
      Perspectives'' will be held on June 18, 2005 in the Convocation Room
      at the University of Hong Kong. The following distinguished scholars
      will speak at the symposium:

      Dr Peter Auer, Professor, Freiburg University
      Dr John Bacon-Shone, Director, Social Science Research Centre, HKU
      Dr. Kingsley Bolton, Professor, Stockholm University
      Dr James Huang, Professor, Harvard University
      Dr Kenneth Hyltenstam, Director, Centre for Research on Bilingualism,
      Sockholm University
      Dr Ping Li, Associate Professor, University of Richmond
      Dr Li Wei, Professor, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
      Dr. K.K. Luke, Head, Department of Linguistics, University of Hong
      Kong

      Further details can be viewed at the Conference following website:
      http://www.hku.hk/linguist/isb.

      Interested parties are welcome to register via fmri@... (Attn:
      Cecilia Ngai).