Re: [M_L] Re: future of english and indian languages

  • Madhukar N. Gogate
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19 1:01 AM
      Thanks to Don Osbom for comments.
      My website www.mngogate.com
      article E04 accepts that the Roman script
      is not a new concept for Indic languages.
      Its status would be optional and not as
      the main script of any Indic language.
      Local scripts have many merits too. But
      see the case for Roman lipi in E04 and
      see article E14 Impact of English on
      Marathi. Galloping population, galloping
      prices, galloping importance of English
      have re-generated interest in Roman lipi.
      -- Madhukar N Gogate