Poll results for Multilingual_Literacy

  • Multilingual_Literacy@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
      The following Multilingual_Literacy poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: Please let us know a little about your
      language abilities, spoken and reading.
      Click on each answer that describes
      your situation or abilities. (Poll is
      anonymous.)

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - I speak more than one language more or less fluently., 5 votes, 17.24%
      - I am literate in more than one language with high comprehension., 5 votes, 17.24%
      - I cannot read well in all the languages I speak well., 0 votes, 0.00%
      - I can read well in some languages that I do not speak well., 2 votes, 6.90%
      - I understand more than 1 writing system well enough to read or sound out the words., 5 votes, 17.24%
      - The language of my primary schooling was or included my home language., 5 votes, 17.24%
      - I studied in more than one language (language of instruction) during all my formal education., 1 votes, 3.45%
      - I grew up in a home where 2 or more languages were spoken., 1 votes, 3.45%
      - I currently live in a home where 2 or more languages were spoken., 4 votes, 13.79%
      - I live in a country where no single maternal language is spoken by a majority., 1 votes, 3.45%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Multilingual_Literacy

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2005
        This poll was just for fun (but not too much I guess since only a few
        people responded). Anyone looking at the % numbers will realize that
        the calculation is not based on total respondants. The poll function
        IOW, did not adapt so well to the purpose I intended... DZO

        --- In Multilingual_Literacy@yahoogroups.com,