Fwd: "Bilingual Aesthetics: A New Sentimental Education"

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2004
      Of possible interest... DZO

      --- In code-switching@yahoogroups.com, Doris Sommer <dsommer@f...>
      wrote:
      Dear Code Switching list,

      May I call your attention to my new book,

      Bilingual Aesthetics: A New Sentimental Education (Duke UP, 2004)

      It argues for the aesthetic, political, philosophical and
      psychological enhancements of living in more than one language, in an
      effort to develop more interest among monolinguals and to reinforce
      the option of "partial assimilation," that is acquiring a new culture
      without banishing another.

      Than you, Doris Sommer

      At 04:53 AM 6/2/2004 +0000, you wrote:
      >This item from the Linguist list may be of interest...
      >
      >Don Osborn
      >Bisharat.net

      >Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:08:09 -0400 (EDT)
      >From: Angela Bartens <angela.bartens@h...>
      >Subject: Languages in Contact: The Partial Restructuring of
      >Vernaculars
      >

      >Holm, John (2004) Languages in Contact: The Partial Restructuring of
      >Vernaculars, Cambridge University Press.
      >
      >Announced at http://linguistlist.org/issues/15/15-527.html

      . . .