528Bilingual children study

  • s.grimaudpatanakul
    Apr 5, 2009
      Hello all,

      I am a doctoral student in Bilingual Education at New York University, and the mother of two multilingual children. Like every parent raising multilingual children, I am concerned about their language development and hope they will reach high levels of speaking and understanding in all their languages, but I know that, unfortunately, this is not always the case.

      I am looking for participants for my dissertation project on the acquisition of more than one language at home. If you are a parent raising a 3-5 year-old bilingual/multilingual child, you may decide to participate in my study by filling out an online questionnaire, which will help me understand better how multilingual children learn their languages at home. I hope to be able to ultimately help parents understand how they can encourage their children's language learning at home on a daily basis.

      By filling out the questionnaire, you will be answering questions about your family's environment, language use, social networks, and travel experience. You will then receive a brochure containing information and useful tips on raising multilingual children.

      If you are interested, please contact me at ssg273@..., and I will email you the link to the questionnaire. I would like to thank you very much in advance for your time.

      Severine Grimaud Patanakul
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic